Biowafer is a circular project employing integrated production processes that provide for the cooperation among several productive sectors, and for the use of new biotech and chemical approaches.
It’s divided into the following phases:
• SCRAPS MAGAGEMENT SYSTEM (RESP.: SSICA – Experimental station for Canned Food industry)
Collection, storage, stabilisation, characterisation and mixing of scraps from the agro-food industry.
• OPTIMISATION OF FERMENTATION PROCESSES (RESP: SITEIA.PARMA – University of Parma)
The optimisation of fermentation processes of food scraps from the agro-food industry can lead to the production of hyaluronic acid and other cosmetic chemicals.
• ECO-FRIENDLY CHEMICAL EXTRACTION (RESP: BioDNA – Catholic University of “Sacro Cuore”)
Development of eco-friendly extraction techniques for chemical extraction of molecules of cosmetic and pharmaceutical interest.
• DIGESTION WITH LARVAE (RESP: BioDNA – Catholic University of “Sacro Cuore ”).
Bioconversion through decomposers’ larvae.
• ENERGETIC AND AGRONOMICAL RECOVERY OF SCRAPS (RESP: SITEIA.PARMA – University of Parma).
Energetic and agronomical recovery of waste caused by the previous phases.